Deadline: 16 November 2018
The NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division has launched a unique [email protected] call for project proposals, with the aim of providing discretionary financial support to community and civil society non-profit organizations for developing and implementing tailor-made communications activities.
The overarching objective of [email protected] communications activities is to strengthen NATO’s positioning as the ultimate guarantor of freedom and security, with a specific focus on the organisation’s history and its future.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- General objective:
- To increase public support for NATO.
- Specific objectives:
- To increase knowledge, awareness and understanding of NATO, its values and its longstanding role in safeguarding global security;
- To highlight and reflect upon seven decades of NATO’s transatlantic cooperation to promote peace and safeguard the freedom of its citizens, honouring the past of the organisation while looking towards the future.
- To present a view of NATO which connects with citizens on a personal level, sharing human stories and favouring innovative and non-traditional approaches.
- To produce content about NATO of enduring value, which can be shared widely within and outside traditional NATO and NGO networks.
- To showcase NATO as an Alliance for the 21st century, relevant to all generations, but especially young people.
Budget and Duration
- For this call for proposals, financial support up to EUR 30.000 will be considered.
- Project implementation must take place between February and December 2019.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
While NATO’s communications efforts aim to reach the general public, the following groups are considered priority audiences for the Alliance:
- Successor generation (young people 0-17, 18-24, 25-34 years old), who usually no longer link NATO to peace or peacekeeping.
- Women, who are an underrepresented segment of the NATO audience.
- Broader, non-specialised publics who may not have a college education, who normally haven’t been exposed to NATO as a relevant factor in today’s international military and political fields.
- Influencers, opinion formers and decision makers.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Non-profit organisations (NGOs, universities, think tanks, community groups and organisations, and any other pertinent civil society organisations) from:
- NATO member nations (Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America), as well as from NATO partner countries (including but not limited to former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Western Balkans).
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants should send their project proposal, along with all the necessary supporting documentation at the address given on the website with the subject line “[email protected] Call for Proposals – NAME OF ORGANISATION – COUNTRY”.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2NAv4mU
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.