Deadline: 12 June 2020
Grant for the Web is a $100 million fund supporting innovation and open standards in Web Monetization. It is funded and led by Coil in collaboration with Mozilla and Creative Commons.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Grant for the Web supports open, fair, and inclusive standards and innovation in Web Monetization. This Call for Proposals will fund projects that contribute to an ecosystem of web monetized content, users, tools, and infrastructure.
The web is suffocating under a broken business model. Its economic engine is driven by invasive advertising, data trafficking, AI-generated recommendations, and site-by-site subscriptions.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Grant for the Web aims to build monetization natively into the web by funding the innovation and growth of an open technology stack featuring the Web Monetization standard and the Interledger Protocol – tools that allow small quantities of money to stream in real-time as you browse the web.
This initial public Call for Proposals will fund projects that contribute to an ecosystem of web monetized content, users, tools, and infrastructure.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
This CFP will fund projects that help build a more robust ecosystem of Web Monetized content, users, tools, and infrastructure. There are two award tracks:
- Foundational Technology | Supporting technology, tools, and infrastructure that innovate around the proposed Web Monetization standard and the Interledger Protocol.
- Creative Catalyst | Supporting experiments in the creation, distribution, and discoverability of content monetized using existing Web Monetization technology.
What kinds of projects will Grant for the Web support?
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Grant for the Web will fund individuals, projects, and global communities that contribute to a privacy-centric, open, and accessible Web Monetization ecosystem. It will prioritize innovative ideas that incorporate or build upon the Web Monetization standard and protocols. Funds will support projects, content, experimentation, and learning around natively integrating monetization into the web using open protocols and standards.
Special consideration will be given to projects that reflect the Collaborators’ values of:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Promoting a vibrant commons on the internet of shareable content
- Increasing users’ autonomy, privacy, and control over their own data
- Promoting diversity and inclusion on the internet
- Increasing access to the full capacity of the internet, both for content consumption and content creation, for communities and individuals that have historically been marginalized, disadvantaged, or are without such access
Grant amounts come in three levels:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Spark Level | $5,000-$15,000 | Spark Level grants will be awarded for research and planning, event participation, community engagement, documentation, and smaller-scale content monetization experiments.
- Mid Level | $15,000-$50,000 | Mid Level grants will be awarded for the design, prototyping, and building of plugins, APIs, and other monetization tools, research and development including whitepapers and academic research, larger-scale content creation, and community activations.
- Flagship Level | $50,000-$100,000 | Flagship Level grants will be awarded for the operational and technology costs related to comprehensive tooling and platform innovation, and large-scale community activations.
Anyone 18 years and older, from almost anywhere in the world, can apply for a grant. Individuals, groups, companies, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply. Initially, all applications will need to be submitted in English. Awards are subject to compliance with all applicable laws, including those enforced by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
For more information, visit https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/blog/grant-web-opens-call-proposals/