Deadline: 30 June 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
PAS Georgetown invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Guyana through programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American element or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Reinforce U.S. – Guyanese Shared Values, by funding proposals which: promote U.S. culture, including music, dance, arts, film, sports, and education, and support human rights, social inclusion, entrepreneurship, youth outreach, and women’s empowerment.
- Strengthen Democracy and Civil Society, by funding proposals which: encourage transparency and accountability in governance, foster civic engagement and reforms, media professionalism and promote democracy, trade and investment, rule of law, civic education, and entrepreneurship.
- Advance Regional Security, by funding proposals which: promote crime prevention, law enforcement professionalism, anti-trafficking, and victim’s rights.
Participants and Audiences
Program proposals should clearly outline who the audience is, and what will be the impact of the program on the stated problem. Program participants should be in a position to benefit from or influence change in a program area.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Total Amount Budgeted: $24000 USD
- Maximum for Each Award: $5000 USD, most grants awarded are between $2000 and $3000
The following types of programs are not eligible for funding:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Programs relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction programs;
- Programs that support specific religious activities;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs;
- Scientific research;
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization;
- Programs that duplicate existing programs.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Guyanese.
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, the institution will be asked to prioritize the projects. However, it is unlikely that more than one proposal from the same organization will be funded.
For more information, visit https://gy.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.