Deadline: 11 August 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Brazil is seeking applications from eligible organization to fund a program entitled “100 Million Strong: Mission Brazil’s Commitment to Empower Local Women and Girls”.
The purpose of the program is to solicit applications for funding from prospective partners to support the implementation of activities in Brazil. This Full Participation Fund (FPF) initiative is funded through the Secretary’s Office on Global Women’s Issues (S/GWI) and directed by the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia.
- Life Skills: Participants will learn the importance of self-awareness and self-esteem as they think about their life plans and long-term goals. They will meet mentors from various professional fields before personally mapping out the steps needed to realize their dreams, and overcome challenges.
- Citizenship Skills: Participants will learn what it means to be a responsible citizen, and explore key concepts related to human rights, gender, race, and diversity. They will explore how to address problems in their communities.
- Entrepreneurial Skills: Participants will use visually-engaging reference material to learn basic concepts in entrepreneurship, innovation, and/or financial literacy.
- Communication Skills: Participants will use innovative technologies and/or artistic expression (including poetry, dance, and theatre activities) to address gender-based stereotypes and other social challenges.
- Leadership Skills through Political and Civic Participation: Participants will apply their citizenship and communication skills in pubic activities organized by partner civil society organizations and/or or government agencies, envisioning themselves as future women leaders in public spaces.
Funding Information: The approximate total funding is $200,000.
Eligible Applicants include educational and research institutions, foreign public entities, U.S. not-for-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code, and foreign not-for-profit organizations/NGOs/social enterprises.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms online via mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.