Deadline: 13 January 2020
CO “100 PERCENT LIFE” (hereinafter – 100%Life) is currently inviting eligible qualified organizations which have the capacity to implement a sustainable model for the provision of critical services to key populations and people living with HIV under the Regional Program “Sustainability of services for key populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia region” funded by the Global Fund and operating in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, along with Southeast Europe (SEE).
The goal of this Call for Proposals is to achieve sustainable national HIV response among KPs in EECA countries (Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan).
This Call for Proposals seeks to provide funding support to Civil Society Organizations (hereinafter – CSOs) including Community Based Organizations (hereinafter – CBOs) working in the area of implementing the measures aimed at creation of tailored discussions between government and civil society with a view to identifying feasible options for domestic financing of HIV programs that have to be found; providing technical support and strengthening the capacity of local and national NGOs; advocating budget increase; supporting national and local governments in developing policies on the effective and sustainable provision of HIV/AIDS prevention services, social care for the KPs and PLHIV at the expense of national budgets.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objectives are:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To increase domestic funding for HIV programs from national budgets at the sufficient substitute level to cover most of the estimated needs.
- To establish and/or institutionalize a sustainable regulatory framework and management mechanism allowing public financing of NGOs to implement high-quality HIV programs.
- To strengthen civil society engagement in policy and budgetary decision making processes to achieve relevant programs scope and quality.
Grant funding under this Call for Proposals shall be provided under the following categories:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- TRACK 1. Mentorship support and technical assistance to the national NGOs and government stakeholders in the process of budget advocacy to increase domestic spending for HIV.
- TRACK 2. Technical assistance to the CSOs and government representatives in the development and implementation of step-by-step politics, policies and mechanisms for the provision of HIV prevention and care and support services.
- TRACK 3. Collection of data and analysis of the existing mechanisms on national level.
HIV Reform in Action Project intends to award the grant with funding limit $ 235 021. The final budget of grant will be defined based on the Grantee’s proposal and budget negotiations. Funding will be subject to donor approval and availability of funds.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
All activities financed by this Grant Program must be implemented by December 31st, 2020.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Eligibility of Applicants
- be a non-profit making organisation (CSOs including, CBOs) registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is registered;
- have been registered not less than two (2) years;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- eligible organizations must demonstrate:
- Have an international reach (regional or national) on budget advocacy in public healthcare system preferred.
- Proven experience working with the national healthcare system at the regional/national level.
- At least one year of previous experience in relevant to grant task areas (transition from external donors of national HIV programs; budget advocacy of HIV program in EECA: prevention, treatment, care and support for KPs and PLWH).
- Experience of technical assistance provision to government and/or non-government sector in public healthcare system and transitional processes from donor to public funding mandatory.
- A track record of successful advocacy cases of services for key population in terms of transitional processes from external donors to public funding.
Types of Proposal
- Proposal shall contain activities for all three tracks.
- Only proposal aimed at achieving the objectives, priorities and results are eligible for funding under this Call for Proposals.
- Applicants are expected to propose activities that will have an impact on all listed countries
The following types of proposals are not eligible:
- proposals concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses, individual scholarships for studies or training courses, scholarships, sponsorships and school fees.
- proposals concerned only or mainly on one or several countries.
- proposals concerned only or mainly on one or several tracks.
- proposals that does not refer to income level and disease burden of eligible countries.
- credit or loan schemes.
- debts and provisions for losses or debts.
- proposals which consist exclusively or primarily of capital expenditure e.g. land, buildings, equipment, vehicles, etc. These can be better dealt with through procurement.
- proposals which discriminate against individuals or groups of people on grounds of their gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or lack of them, or their ethnic origin.
- cash donations.
- political party and religious activities.
- proposals which provide funding for terrorist activities.
For more information, visit https://network.org.ua/100-life-is-announcing-an-open-call-for-proposals-to-support-sustainability-of-hiv-responses-in-the-eeca-countries/