Deadline: 20 October 2016
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) has announced its 13th International Forum on the theme “Feminist Futures: Building Collective Power for Rights and Justice”. AWID is inviting applicants to get inspiration to develop a creative and bold idea to build collective power for rights and justice.
AWID’s mission is to be a driving force within the global community of feminist and women’s rights movements, strengthening our collective voice, influencing and transforming structures of power and decision-making to achieve our vision.
The program invites applicants to apply for a grant of USD $5000 to support the transformation of their ideas into action.
- Bodily Integrity and Freedoms
- BDS and the intersection of feminism and national liberation struggle
- Key Forum Insights & Feminist Visions for the Future
- The Young Feminist Activism Hub
- Interact and engage peacefully
- Help build a space that recognizes and validates the multiple lived experiences.
- Use inclusive language
- Listen and make adjustments in your behavior if someone says they feel uncomfortable.
- Challenge oppressive behavior
- Practice self-awareness
- Remember that “no” is no
- Respect and recognize diversity of bodies and gender expressions.
- Be friendly and reach out
- Speak and listen with an open mind and heart and without judgement.
- Open yourself to different ways of using the space, like access to bathrooms for all genders, accessibility to different spaces for people with different abilities, etc.
- Only participants who attend the Forum can apply
- Organisations or individuals that have previously been awarded an AWID seed grant will not be eligible
- Preference will be given to organizations with budgets under USD $500,000
- emerge from your experience at the 2016 AWID Forum
- be directly related to the Forum theme, in particular, for mobilizing greater solidarity and collective power across diverse rights and justice movements
- involve actors or organizations from at least two different movements
- demonstrate the capacity to grow into something greater
- be implemented between January – December 2017
How to apply
Applications must be submitted in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese via online at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit AWID.