Deadline: 25 November 2016
Applications are open for the 2016 ONE Africa Award with an aim to recognise, reward, and advance the exceptional work of organisations, founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to helping Africa achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The $100,000 award will bring recognition to innovative African efforts to fight poverty and will incentivise more of such efforts.
Organisations will be graded in 5 categories and awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to take intervention to scale.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (i.e. community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate the interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that can demonstrate commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the SDGs are invited to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit 2016 ONE Africa Award.