Deadline: 4 September 2016
The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, in partnership with Comic Relief and The Royal Commonwealth Society are currently inviting applicants for its 2017 Queen’s Young Leader Programme in order to discover, celebrate and support young people from every Commonwealth nation to transform their own lives and the futures of others around them.
- Young people are better qualified to secure employment and apprenticeships or create sustainable enterprises.
- Young people are able to effectively express their needs and aspirations in order to influence decision makers.
- Clear evidence is collected that demonstrates the unique contribution young leaders make in improving society.
- Online learning
- One-week residential programme in the UK
- The Award winners will have the opportunity to meet with inspiring people and visit organisations in the UK that have expertise in areas such as media and communications, social action and advocacy.
- During this week, Awards will be presented by Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2017, date of birth must fall between 1st January 1988 – 1st January 1999.
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member).
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries:Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fij, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati,Lesotho,Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta,Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand,Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Zambia.
For more information,please visit Queen’s Young Leader Programme.