Deadline: 1 September 2019
KAICIID funds small scale short-term initiatives in Nigeria that focus on building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities.
Grants must address one of the following five (5) areas which are identified as key areas for action:
- Protection of Holy Sites
- Countering and Preventing Hate Speech
- Media Sensitisation; Freedom of Religion
- Interfaith Education and Exchange.
Grants range from 500.000 Naira to 2 Million Naira.
- Organizations must be registered under Nigerian law in order to qualify.
- In addition to the above criteria, due consideration will be given by the committee to the following:
- Geographical scope: According to the country specifics, the focus can be placed on projects taking place in specific regions within the country or on initiatives aiming at a national impact.
- Preference will be given to projects which empower women and youth.
Successful project proposals will fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Personal capacities of the applicant: applicants should have required capacities at the technical level, as well as the networking capacities, to implement projects on the ground;
- Alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (mission and strategic aims)
- Collaboration across religious lines: proposals which involve interfaith collaboration will receive priority
- Overall project impact (measured by the number of people reached or impacted by the project)
- Clarity and practicality of the proposal (regarding its objectives and deliverables)
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitivity: proposals should ideally target men and women equally or create an environment to empower women
How to Apply
- Proposals consisting of (1) the online application form (2) a detailed project proposal (3) detailed budget and (4) detailed workplan can be considered. Please provide electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel). No photocopies or scans.
- Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.kaiciid.org/what-we-do/peace-and-reconciliation-through-interreligious-dialogue-nigeria/nigeria-call-grant