Deadline: 1 September 2019
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) has announced that the grant application period for the 2019 cycle in Nigeria is now open.
KAICIID funds small scale short-term initiatives in Nigeria that focus on building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities.
Grants must address one of the following five (5) areas which are identified as key areas for action:
- Protection of Holy Sites
- Countering and Preventing Hate Speech
- Media Sensitisation; Freedom of Religion
- Interfaith Education and Exchange.
Grants range from 500.000 Naira to 2 Million Naira.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organizations must be registered under Nigerian law in order to qualify.
- In addition to the above criteria, due consideration will be given by the committee to the following:
- Geographical scope: According to the country specifics, the focus can be placed on projects taking place in specific regions within the country or on initiatives aiming at a national impact.
- Preference will be given to projects which empower women and youth.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Successful project proposals will fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Personal capacities of the applicant: applicants should have required capacities at the technical level, as well as the networking capacities, to implement projects on the ground;
- Alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (mission and strategic aims)
- Collaboration across religious lines: proposals which involve interfaith collaboration will receive priority
- Overall project impact (measured by the number of people reached or impacted by the project)
- Clarity and practicality of the proposal (regarding its objectives and deliverables)
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitivity: proposals should ideally target men and women equally or create an environment to empower women
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Proposals consisting of (1) the online application form (2) a detailed project proposal (3) detailed budget and (4) detailed workplan can be considered. Please provide electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel). No photocopies or scans.
- Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.kaiciid.org/what-we-do/peace-and-reconciliation-through-interreligious-dialogue-nigeria/nigeria-call-grant