Deadline: 15 May 2019
The Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in Latin America and the Caribbean (FRIDA) is currently inviting applicants for its 2019 Grants program to provide financial support for innovative initiatives that seek to explore strategies to promote access to the Internet and the use of technologies to promote the social and economic development of the region.
Each grant will be US $ 20,000. The selected projects will have 12 months for the execution of activities.
Call 2019: Technologies and Gender
- The gender gap in technology continues to be a challenge in Latin America and the Caribbean. In 2019, FRIDA Program will offer a grant of US $ 20,000 to deploy an innovative solution that aims to promote gender equality and the leadership of women in the field of Internet technologies and industry.
- Priority will be given to initiatives that workaround:
- The development of digital skills among women and girls (coding, network and security management, IPv6, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, among others);
- The participation of women in digital markets and their access to technology jobs;
- The application of strategies to defend digital rights, greater security and inclusion of women and girls online;
- The involvement of women in the deployment of Internet infrastructure to promote Internet access and adoption.
- The projects must be led by a woman, and work team nominations will be prioritized, mostly made up of women.
The submitted projects must meet the following characteristics:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Technological component: In all cases, projects must have a technological component that seeks to respond to a social problem.
- Innovation: The proposed solutions must be innovative, that is, present new strategies, concepts, ideas, methods and processes that respond to the needs of the communities they are intended to serve.
- Social impact: The proposed solutions must seek to generate social value and demonstrate how they will address the needs of specific communities.
- They may apply for work teams from civil society organizations, public and private universities, state agencies and private enterprises whose activities align with the priorities of the program. Individual applications will not be accepted.
- The entities that apply must be based in countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Projects must be submitted through the FRIDA application platform via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://programafrida.net/subvenciones
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.