Deadline: 1 September 2019
Applicants are now open for Ignacio Martín-Baró Fund for 2019, the fund has a strong preference for projects which are developing innovative and progressive ways to deal with the mental health consequences of violence and political repression.
Applicants should understand that they do not view mental health and human rights as issues which can be addressed separately, but are seeking to fund activities which explore the links between them.
Through grant-making and education, the Martín-Baró Fund fosters psychological well-being, social consciousness, active resistance, and progressive social change in communities affected by institutional violence, repression and social injustice.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To support innovative grassroots projects that explore the power of the community to foster healing within individuals and communities that are trying to recover from experiences of institutional violence, repression, and social injustice.
- To promote education and critical awareness about the psychosocial consequences of structural violence, repression and social injustice on individuals and communities, while educating theirselves and the wider community about the community-based responses of grantees in their pursuit to social reparation and a more just and equitable world.
- To build collaborative relationships among the Fund, its grantees, and its contributors for mutual education and social change.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Grants are usually no more than US $7,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Foundation prefers to support grassroots, community-based projects which focus on the needs and concerns of the community as well as of the individual.
- The Foundation is especially interested in supporting groups located in regions harmed by U.S. policies and/or addressing problems created or aggravated by those policies.
- The Foundation prefers to fund projects where their support will make a significant difference.
- Almost all of the projects the foundation fund are outside the United States.
- Unfortunately, the foundation can accept proposals in English or in Spanish only.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their letter of interests at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://martinbarofund.org/apply/