Deadline: 23 May 2019
Are you passionate about water and development? Have you covered these topics in your work but want a chance to learn more and interview major actors in the water community? Have you looked for an opportunity to report on a global water meeting, where world leaders, policy makers, and academics meet representatives from the private sector and civil society to discuss some of the world’s most urgent issues? If yes, then apply for the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) Journalist Grant.
SIWI offers journalists from low or low-middle income nations the opportunity to visit World Water Week which takes place in Stockholm between 25 – 30 August 2019.
The SIWI Journalist Grant aims to build capacity in water and water-related issues among journalists active in developing countries, thereby creating potential for raised awareness among large audiences of readers, listeners and viewers. In the long term, a raised level of water knowledge in the journalist corps will contribute to influencing key decision- and policy makers in water and development issues.
The SIWI Journalist Grant covers:
- Round-trip air ticket to Stockholm, Sweden
- Public (or equivalent) transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
- Full week registration fee for World Water Week
- Certain social events during World Water Week
- Hotel stay during World Water Week
- Meals on half board during World Water Week
- Per diem for meals not provided at World Water Week venue
- Applicants must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low- or low-middle income country by the World Bank.
- Applicants must be an employee of a media outlet in their country (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, recognized digital publication) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- Applicants must have a documented interest in water and water-related issues.
- Since the official language of World Water Week is English, applicant need to be able to work in English, even if applicant publish stories in another language.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.siwi.org/press/siwi-journalist-grant/