Deadline: 3 February 2020
Applications are now open for 2020 Go Global Africa program with an aim to give the entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have developed products that are ready to go to market and raised investment the tools they need to grow their business globally, build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
Go Global Africa is part of the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund Digital Access Programme led by the Department for International Development and is delivered in partnership with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to help boost digital.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Flights, accommodation and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK programme will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network. The Network will support and pay for applicants visa, although it is the participant’s responsibility to organise the application with sufficient time.
- The 15 most promising startups, as determined by in-country pitch events, will come to the UK in March 2020. Here, they will benefit from a 5-day training programme designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector, and work with UK expertise to grow their business.
Applications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
- Post-MVP stage, fully operating in market
- Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
- Looking to raise their first round of funding
- Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
- Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
- Ambition to expand internationally in the future
For more information, visit https://dcmsblog.uk/2020/01/applications-open-for-go-global-africa-2020/