Deadline: 2 December 2019
Projects meeting all of the following four conditions:
- Projects carried out for the purpose of nature conservation in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. Priority is given to projects for preserving biodiversity;
- Projects expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, non governmental organizations, and the local residents;
- Projects that do not serve the special interests of any specific corporation or individuals;
- Projects carried out by persons with sufficient scientific expertise, or with the advice and cooperation of persons having such expertise.
No standard funding amount is set. (The amount is decided based on the details of the project and the project budget plan).
A group or organization meeting all of the following three conditions:
- A group capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by the Fund, regarding progress of the funded project and its financial status including budgetary and results;
- A group with corporate status or a similar level of public trust;
- A group with a record of at least three years of carrying out nature conservation projects.
Based on the results of scoring by specialists or academic experts, the steering committee will perform an overall evaluation mainly according to the following criteria as the basis for selection.
- It must be an appropriate and effective project grounded in an awareness of current problems.
- The project plan must be feasible;
- A suitable budget plan for implementing the project must be presented.
- The applying organization must be seen to have sufficient experience and capability for carrying out the project activities.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.keidanren.net/kncf/en/fund/program/