Deadline: 19 September 2019
The Open World Leadership Center (Open World or the Center) is seeking applications for its 2020 Grant program to bring emerging leaders from participating countries to the United States in order to give them firsthand exposure to the American system of participatory democracy and accountable governance.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program allows American leaders and their counterparts from the following participating countries to engage in meaningful and unfiltered dialogue: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
The 2020 Open World Program will focus on emerging political, civic, and community leaders at the national, regional, and local levels from participating countries, and will put a strong emphasis on:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- acquainting participants with American lawmakers and legislative functions and processes at different levels of government.
- helping to develop new partnerships or further existing partnerships between delegates and their U.S. counterparts.
- Any U.S.-based organization with either established foreign visitor programs or demonstrated ability to host foreign visitors is eligible. U.S.-based organizations with ongoing project activity or initiatives in any of the countries covered by this solicitation that can be furthered by an Open World visit should describe this activity. An applicant proposal:
- Must demonstrate that the applicant organization has the ability, experience, and expertise to provide excellent programming in the Hosting Theme(s) for which it is applying and/or will establish cooperative agreements with expert local host organizations that can do so.
- Will be given preference if it demonstrates that the applicant organization has the ability to provide programmatic activities with federal, state, county, and local legislators and legislative staff that will enhance the delegates’ understanding of the legislative process and the structure and functions of American legislative bodies.
- Will be given preference if it is likely to produce new partnerships or further existing ones.
- Will be given preference if it includes ideas for specific follow-on project activities and/or significant projected results, such as plans for substantive future reverse travel.
- Will be given preference if it demonstrates how the applicant organization will involve one or more organizations composed of young American professionals in providing some of the delegates’ professional, networking, and cross-cultural programming. To the extent possible, such young professional organizations should be focused on activities relevant to a delegation’s Hosting Theme.
- Will be given preference if its accompanying budget submission includes a significant cost share/in-kind contribution for Open World delegations, such as paying all or a significant portion of local hosting expenses, or all or portions of airfares.
- Will be given preference for a grant award if it demonstrates how results will be accomplished, particularly if this programming would further ongoing or proposed projects/partnerships with the applicant organization or one of its proposed local host organizations.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.openworld.gov/grants/apply-grant
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.