Is your laboratory performing discovery/translational tissue-based research and you are considering the acquisition of spatial biology capabilities to accelerate your research? Then Applu for The 2022 COMET™ Grant Program is intended to support the adoption of spatial biology technology in a research institution, in support of Lunaphore’s mission to enable spatial biology in every laboratory to advance spatial biology research.
The Program application is open to all discovery and translational laboratories located in Europe or the US. Research projects can be in any field of scientific research, including but not limited to, immuno-oncology, oncology, neuroscience, and infectious disease, using Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) or frozen sections, and must outline the need for a platform that can perform immunofluorescence spatial biology analysis with hyperplex panel involving a minimum of 10 biomarkers (10-plex).
The 2022 COMET™ Grant Program provides an opportunity for your lab to win a 4-month COMET™ instrument placement to carry out the projects described in the submission. The winner will be decided based on the scientific impact of the project and the best technology fit. The winner and qualified applicants will also receive a variety of supporting materials and discounts. Scroll down to read the submission criteria and detailed prize packages.
Lunaphore’s platform COMET™, based on the sequential immunofluorescence (seqIF™) approach, enables rapid, automated, and reproducible tissue analysis, all while preserving tissue morphology, providing high-quality multiplex immunofluorescence (mIF) data for a variety of spatial biology research needs.
Winner: Prize Package
- Main Prize
- COMET™ instrument 4-month placement including:
- Free COMET™ consumables and buffers for 60 tests.
- 50% on COMET™ consumables and buffers during the 4-month placement.
- Free shipment, installation, and training on the COMET™ instrument.
- Discount Package
- This Discount Package is subject to the acquisition of a COMET™ instrument. Following the grant program, if the participant wants to move forward with an instrument acquisition, a discount package is applied as part of the Prize Package, including all of the following:
- 20% discount on the cost of the COMET™ instrument if the purchase order is placed in 2023; or 10% discount if the purchase order is placed in 2024.
- 10% discount on the COMET™ consumable chips for 1 year.
- Implementation Support Package
- The Implementation Support Package is subject to instrument acquisition, and provided at the time of COMET™ installation. The Implementation Support Package focuses on providing participants with a comprehensive support service to transfer the technology, protocols and workflow implementation to the participant’s lab:
- Hands-on training and support will be provided on-site by Lunaphore’s scientists at the participant’s lab.
Prizes for all other qualified participants
- Access Lab discount
- A 50% discount voucher on any Access Lab standard service will be provided to all participants meeting the aforementioned requirements. The discount will have a maximum package value of CHF 25,000 (≈ 24,000 EUR), if the order is placed in 2023 or 2024.
- Instrument discount
- A 5% discount voucher on the COMET™ instrument if the order is placed in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be age 18 or older;
- Applicants must be employed at a Research Institution (private or academic), Healthcare Organization (HCO), a Pharma / Biotech company, or a Contract Research Organization (CRO) located in Europe or the US, in a capacity in which they perform life sciences research.
- Companies/institutions must have a clear intent of acquiring spatial biology capabilities within the next 2 years. This submission does not constitute any commitment to such an endeavor.
- All submissions received on or before the deadline will be reviewed by Lunaphore and one (1) winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Scientific impact of the project;
- Well-defined project proposal with precise research goals and results within the 4-month placement timeframe (if in doubt of what is feasible, don’t hesitate to contact their team);
- Preliminary experience with multiplex spatial biology.
- Suitability of the COMET™ system for the project.
For more information, visit https://lunaphore.com/2022-comet-grant-program/