Throughout this journey, grant recipients share their experiences with a big community on the Mind Netz social media platforms.
This will allow the participants to network with German minorities in other countries and gain further qualifications in the area of social media. Afterwards, these travel reporters can integrate their experience into the work at their German minority organisation.
What does the funding include?
- The grant includes a one-week report on the social media platform Mind_Netz. Throughout this week, grant recipients contribute photos, videos and reports about the day-to-day life of German minorities and their work in their organisations. Each year the grant focusses on a different topic.
- The recipients will be provided with an allowance for their research.
- Grant recipients are also invited to an online social media workshop which will prepare them for their tasks. In addition to this, grant recipients are invited to participate in a training seminar of the Cultural Assistant Programme and the Job Shadowing Programme. In a final discussion round after the trip, the travel reporters can share and evaluate their experiences and successes together with the ifa staff.
- Who can apply?
- Members and employees of an association, organisation or editorial office of German minorities based in one of the following countries can apply: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, the Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- What are the prerequisites?
- Those interested in applying must be involved in a German minority association, organisation or editorial office based in Eastern Europe, Caucasus or Central Asia
- Applicants are at least 18 years old at the time of the application and have good written and spoken German skills.
- Applicants have the necessary communication devices for creating articles, such as a smartphone, laptop or camera.
- Practical experience in the area of social media and/or journalism is desirable.
For more information, visit Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen.