Submissions are now open for the 2024 Agricultural Greater Good Initiative grant to help identify measures that can increase crop yields and improve livestock welfare and productivity to alleviate poverty and hunger in the developing world.
Through the Agricultural Greater Good Initiative, Illumina is collaborating with the agricultural community to support research into enabling a more sustainable, nutritious food supply.
This program spurs critically needed research that will increase the sustainability, productivity, and nutritional density of agriculturally important crop and livestock species. Grant recipients receive donations of Illumina products to support their projects.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive up to $350,000 of in-kind consumables and/or services at list price value on up to 1000 samples of your choice.
- The winner will be announced during the International Plant and Animal Genome Conference in January 2024.
Eligibility and Requirements
- The grant program is open to basic researchers in Agrigenomics at academic, for profit, or nonprofit institutions. Priority will be given to research that increases sustainability, productivity, and nutritional density of the world’s food supply.
- In 400 words or less, provide an overview, a statement of work, and a description of the impact of your research. You may also include up to three figures, with legends, and a list of citations (with 200 word count limit).
- In these sections, applicants should include:
- Economic impact
- Social impact
- Nations represented
- Technologies used
- Other sources of funding
- To be considered, all entries must:
- Be in English
- Be complete
- Be an original work
- A team of Illumina scientists and executives will judge all submissions. Each submission will be judged based on the view of how well the entry reflects scientific merit, innovation, and fit with the values of the Illumina Agricultural Greater Good Initiative.
For more information, visit Illumina.