Deadline: 18 August 2019
Applications has been launched for Strengthening Youth Capacities for Peace and Security to promote capacity building course on Democratic participation for youth organizations working on human rights and peace building in the Euro Mediterranean region.
The training course “Strengthening youth capacities for peace and security” will build up the capacities of experienced youth peace builders and young human rights activists in the field of advocacy, political participation, conflict transformation and Prevention of Violent Extremism, enabling them also to use human rights mechanisms and reporting tools to address injustice and transform conflicts.
This training is part of the project “Euro-Mediterranean Youth Cooperation” that aims at enhancing the quadrilogue approach in the youth sector in the Euro-Mediterranean region through multilateral cooperation, peer learning and the empowerment of youth actors.
The specific objectives of the training course are to:
- Increase participants’ knowledge on bodies and procedures of political participation in the peace and security
- Build up the skills of young people to engage with stakeholders across the social and political spectrum by finding analysing, and shaping policies on peace and security;
- Empower young participants with tools and competences (such as negotiation and dialogue facilitation) to gain a greater space and safer role during decision making processes in conflict affected communities;
- Explore how human rights mechanisms and reporting tools can be used by young peace builders young to address injustice and transform conflicts;
- Understand the complementary relationship between human rights and peacebuilding fields and discover how
synergies between these two sectors can be used to create spaces for political participation;
- Provide a platform for peer-to-peer learning between young peace builders and youth rights activists; facilitating the creation of bottom-up networks and alliances that have a shared vision of achieving change through positive actions.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the 47 Council of Europe member States or of the Southern Mediterranean Countries;
- Applicants must be an active member of an youth-led or youth- related organisation engaged in peacebuilding or human rights activities at a local, regional, national or international level;
- Applicant must be aged 18-35 years;
- Applicants must be able to fluently communicate in English;
- Applicants must be able to attend the course for its entire duration.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/north-south-centre/-/call-for-participants-strengthening-youth-capacities-for-peace-and-security