Deadline: 18 August 2019
Applications has been launched for Strengthening Youth Capacities for Peace and Security to promote capacity building course on Democratic participation for youth organizations working on human rights and peace building in the Euro Mediterranean region.
The training course “Strengthening youth capacities for peace and security” will build up the capacities of experienced youth peace builders and young human rights activists in the field of advocacy, political participation, conflict transformation and Prevention of Violent Extremism, enabling them also to use human rights mechanisms and reporting tools to address injustice and transform conflicts.
This training is part of the project “Euro-Mediterranean Youth Cooperation” that aims at enhancing the quadrilogue approach in the youth sector in the Euro-Mediterranean region through multilateral cooperation, peer learning and the empowerment of youth actors.
The specific objectives of the training course are to:
- Increase participants’ knowledge on bodies and procedures of political participation in the peace and security
- Build up the skills of young people to engage with stakeholders across the social and political spectrum by finding analysing, and shaping policies on peace and security;
- Empower young participants with tools and competences (such as negotiation and dialogue facilitation) to gain a greater space and safer role during decision making processes in conflict affected communities;
- Explore how human rights mechanisms and reporting tools can be used by young peace builders young to address injustice and transform conflicts;
- Understand the complementary relationship between human rights and peacebuilding fields and discover how
synergies between these two sectors can be used to create spaces for political participation;
- Provide a platform for peer-to-peer learning between young peace builders and youth rights activists; facilitating the creation of bottom-up networks and alliances that have a shared vision of achieving change through positive actions.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the 47 Council of Europe member States or of the Southern Mediterranean Countries;
- Applicants must be an active member of an youth-led or youth- related organisation engaged in peacebuilding or human rights activities at a local, regional, national or international level;
- Applicant must be aged 18-35 years;
- Applicants must be able to fluently communicate in English;
- Applicants must be able to attend the course for its entire duration.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/north-south-centre/-/call-for-participants-strengthening-youth-capacities-for-peace-and-security