Deadline: 15 August 2016
The Association of African Universities (AAU) with the support of the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), is currently inviting students from African universities to acquire employable skills for the world of work upon graduation from their universities.
The AAU has secured some funds to offer small grants of up to US$600 per person for graduate internships for its member universities.
- Applicants should be students in an AAU member institution in Southern or Eastern Africa, or a Francophone member institution, and the institution must be in good standing.
- Grant applicants should be students pursuing post-graduate degree programmes. Applicants should note that the grants are for training purposes only and not meant for the completion of theses or dissertations.
- Applicants shall commit to undertake an internship programme for a period between twelve (12) and twenty-four (24 weeks).
- Applications should be supported with an authorisation note from the Head of Department of the applicant’s university as well as an official acceptance letter from the establishment wishing to host the intern.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae along with supported documents through an online process via given website.
- Eastern Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Somalia, Burundi, Seychelles, Comoros
- Southern Africa: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit AAU Small Grants.