Deadline: 3 April 2020
The Bodossaki Foundation, in consortium with SolidarityNow, acting as the Fund Operator (FO) for the EEA Grants Programme “Active Citizens Fund” in Greece (ACF) has announced the present open call for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) project proposals which addresses the expected outcome “Increased citizen participation in civic activities”.
The overall objective of the Programme is the strengthening of civil society and active citizenship and the empowerment of vulnerable groups and it is based on the common values of respect of human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including rights of persons belonging to minorities.
The projects that will be selected will aim at increasing citizen participation in public debates and decision-making, promoting active citizenship and volunteering, as well as raising awareness and educating citizens about their rights and obligations and the proper use of media.
This is the third open call for this Programme, with an allocated amount of € 1,000,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Development and dissemination of proposals and/or policy papers for legal and/or institutional reforms that will promote citizen involvement in policy-making
- Educational activities on media literacy
- Educational activities on civic rights and civic participation
- Development of initiatives and/ or tools (electronic and others) that enable citizen participation in public discussions and decision-making
- Awareness-raising campaigns that promote active citizenship, civic rights and responsibilities
The output indicators established for this Outcome are:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Number of NGO policy submissions submitted aimed at influencing the enabling environment for civic engagement
- Number of people educated about civic rights and participation or media literacy
- Number of NGO initiatives promoting civic participation
- Number of awareness raising campaigns promoting active citizenship
- Number of volunteers working in supported NGOs
- Eligible applicants are NGOs (CSOs) that are established in Greece and fall within the following definition:
- “A non-profit voluntary organization established as a legal entity, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organizations. Religious institutions and political parties are not considered NGOs”. Eligible applicants shall abide by the principles of democratic values and human rights.
- More specifically, eligible candidates must meet the following general conditions:
- Are non-profit organizations that have not been created nor operate to generate personal profit. Although they may have paid staff and may engage in revenuegenerating activities, they do not distribute profits to their members nor to their board. Where revenue-generating activities are undertaken, these should not represent the purpose of the NGO but should be solely a means to support its mission and values;
- Have members who do not have any direct commercial interest in the outcome of the work of the organizations or of its commercial activities and should not pursue the commercial or professional interests of their members. This requirement therefore excludes trade and professional associations, where the aims and purposes of the association are to further the specific interests of its members only;
- Are voluntary in nature, formed voluntarily by groups or individuals and usually involving an element of voluntary participation in the organization;
- Act in the public arena and for the public good on concerns and issues related to the well-being of people, groups or society as a whole;
- Have some degree of formal or institutional existence, unlike informal or ad hoc groups, involving formal statutes or other governing document(s) defining their mission, objectives and scope;
- Have transparent structures and an elected chair / board, and are accountable to their members and donors;
- Are independent of local, regional and national government and other public authorities,
- Are independent of political parties and commercial organizations.
- Political parties and religious organizations , social partners or profit-distributing cooperatives are not considered NGOs and are not eligible.
- Social enterprises are not considered NGOs and are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://www.activecitizensfund.gr/en/open-call/increased-citizen-participation-in-civic-activities/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.