Deadline: 9 August 2017
The ACP-EU Migration Action is seeking applications for its funding program under the topic “Remittances” in East & Horn of Africa and West & Central Africa Region.
The impact of remittances on development and on the economies of ACP countries is multidimensional: at the individual level (migrants and their families), at the community or meso level, and at the whole-of-economy/country or macro level. ACP countries have also some of the highest dependency rates on remittances.
The total budget of the proposed project must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: 70.000 EUR
- Maximum amount: 100.000 EUR.
- Create and disseminate communication campaign/development of tools for improving financial literacy (financial literacy apps) and planning of families/individuals receiving remittances (ex. production and dissemination of material in local language about how to best save and plan with received remittances)
- Support the development of Price Comparison Websites and develop new methodologies and partnerships to collate real-time data in remittance corridors
- Create opportunities to share best practice in data collection, particularly methods to measure informal flows
- Support existing diaspora’ projects in that country to improve education/vocational training, health/social services for their country of origin (ex. complementary grant for setting up a hospital department, a vocational school, etc.)
- Map access points so that a comprehensive picture is obtained on where funds can be collected in a certain country/countries
- Applicants eligible to receive grants from the Action must be legally registered Non-State Actors.
- Applicants must also be authorized to operate in the country or countries where the proposed project activities will be implemented.
- Eligible Non-State Actors can be:
- The organisation has a management structure with clearly defined and divided roles and responsibilities.
- The organisation has sufficient technical and institutional capacity necessary for the efficient and effective implementation of the proposed project.
- The organisation has sufficient economic, administrative and accountability capacity.
- The organisation has an annual statement of accounts and an internal control system with adequate internal manuals and/or financial guidelines.
- The organisation has a bank account operated by more than one signatory and opened minimum two (2) years ago.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
- East & Horn of Africa: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- West & Central Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial-Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
For more information, please visit ACP-EU Migration Action.