Deadline: 31 October 2019
ACTION aims to partner with new, emerging and established European citizen science initiatives to tackle pollution in various forms.
ACTION is for:
- Ongoing citizen science projects looking for support, financial and otherwise, to grow and become sustainable.
- Scientists seeking to resource a new citizen science project.
- Communities interested in co-designing research into pollution in any relevant discipline, from biodiversity and environmental sciences to astronomy and the humanities.
- Organisations in the public, private and third sectors exploring the use of citizen science in their work.
ACTION will provide funding for a six-month pilot, alongside dedicated acceleration activities, resources and tools to set up and run the pilot.
In addition, ACTION will offer a set of services, tailored to the needs of each citizen science project, including:
- Intensive training at the start of the accelerator on: project design, citizen engagement, data management and preservation, funding and sustainability;
- Online mentoring during the pilot and beyond;
- Tools and infrastructure to host projects and their data according to state of the art IT practices in their discipline;
- Tools and methods to facilitate participatory data collection and analysis;
- Bespoke consultancy on a diverse set of citizen science challenges, including: data quality, data preservation, GDPR, research ethics, motivating participation, citizen empowerment, EDI (equality, diversity, inclusion), public engagement, and impact;
- Promotion via news on the ACTION website and on social media, as well as presentation opportunities at the ACTION conference and other related events;
- Peer learning and networking, facilitated through workshops and online tools.
The funding will be set at €20,000 and can be spent on salaries, equipment, consumables, travel, subcontracting to other entities, and indirect expenditure.
- Any legal entities and consortia established in a country or territory eligible to receive Horizon 2020 grants.
- Every entity is allowed to participate in one application, either on its own or as part of a consortium.
- Only organisations legally registered and operating in an EU member state or associated country are eligible for funding from ACTION.
How to apply
Applicants can apply online via give website.
For more information, please visit https://actionproject.eu/apply-2019/