Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Agri-Tech in China: Newton Network+ (ATCNN) is seeking applications for its Pathfinder and Proof of Concept Awards in order to develop solutions that draw on the UK’s core strengths in satellite imaging, remote sensing, smart sensors, robotics and data-intensive science to help Chinese farmers increase productivity and resilience.
- Data analytics and support tools to reduce residue levels in food;
- Regional yield benchmarking through remote sensing;
- Data-intensive science that supports whole-of-food-chain efficiency, productivity and resilience
- Productivity scaling solutions toenable precision seeding, planting, fertilizer application etc.;
- Harvesting systems that incorporate a variety of cutting-edge technologies such as Satellite Imaging (SI), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS);
- Remote Sensing (RS) including Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV);
- Internet of Things (IoT);
- Ground-based robotic systems; and
- Mobile and tablet compliant systems.
- Pathfinder Awards will be for up to £4,000 and be delivered over a short period of time (up to 1 month).
- Proof-of-Concept Awards will be for up to £40,000 and be delivered over a relatively short time frame (up to four months).
- The ATCNN Pathfinder and Proof of Concept Awards are open UK academic and UK business organisations.
- UK partners are encouraged to identify and where relevant engage a Chinese partner organization.
- Lead Applicants must:
- Be either a business registered in the UK or a research organisation registered in the UK;
- Demonstrate the operational and financial capacity to carry out and deliver the proposed work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Agri-Tech in China: Newton Network+.