Deadline: 31 August 2016
The Adaptation Fund Climate Finance Readiness Programme invites applications for its South-South Cooperation Grants aimed at increasing South-South cooperation among accredited National Implementing Entities (NIEs) and those seeking accreditation.
Under this activity, developing countries that are Parties to the Kyoto Protocol and do not yet have an accredited NIE may receive support from an accredited NIE in one or more of the following areas:
- identifying potential NIE candidates;
- assisting NIE candidates in the preparation of applications to be submitted to the Fund;
- providing support and advice during the application process.
The maximum grant is US$ 50,000 per applicant.
The types of activities that may be funded include:
- In-country technical support to an NIE candidate for the preparation of an accreditation. This includes travel of NIE staff to the candidate country and on-site support.
- Support for the identification of an NIE candidate within an applicant country. This includes stakeholder engagement, organization of workshops, facilitation of meetings and advising the relevant focal points within the country for the final selection of an NIE candidate. Applicants can also develop and/or apply decision-making tools for the selection of such entities.
- Organization of “regional” consultations/workshops to assist in the preparation of NIE candidate applications from several Already-identified candidate institutions or potential candidates from countries in the vicinity of the NIE applicant can be supported through the organization of a workshop in the NIE’s country, to help them put in place an application for NIE accreditation. The costs incurred include travel and accommodation costs for the participants and workshop costs.
Eligible NIEs must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have been accredited by the Board;
- Have an Adaptation Fund project or programme under implementation, hence demonstrating effective compliance with the AF fiduciary standards; and
- Have experience advising, participating in, or organizing support to other NIEs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form from the given website.
Morocco, Chile, Uruguay, Senegal, Antigua and Barbuda, Namibia, Dominican Republic, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Micronesia, Ethiopia, Cook Islands, Rwanda, Jordan, India, Benin, Kenya, Indonesia, Peru, Jamaica, Belize, South Africa, Argentina.
For more information, please visit Adaptation Fund.