Deadline: 8 June 2016
The African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) is seeking applications from civil society organizations in Uganda for a training course on media relations that focuses on the Ugandan media and communication landscape which will be held from 14 to 16 June, 2016 and 28 to 30 June, 2016.
During the workshop, ACME will introduce trainees to a new media relations handbook which is the result of lessons, recommendations and experiences gleaned from six years of media relations training and coaching conducted by ACME for over 30 CSOs.
- It introduces learners to the forces and pressures within a typical newsroom and the journalism industry in general.
- The course offers a series of practical lessons on how to effectively present and package information for the consumption of the media for the benefit of their audiences and other partners. This includes:
- designing communication/media strategies;
- writing effective press releases;
- delivering professional media interviews;
- writing opinion articles;
- organising media events;
- learning about the potential of social media
- how to define key messages.
- 15 CSO staff will be admitted for each of the training courses.
- The applicant must be working with a CSO/NGO in Uganda and his/her work involves sharing information;
- The applicant must have a passion for communication, advocacy and exchanging experiences.
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend all three training days in full.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send a letter of interest either through mail or can submit a hard copy application at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For more information, please visit this African Centre for Media Excellence.