Deadline: 1 March 2017
The Allianz Cultural Foundation is seeking applications to fund exceptionally gifted young academics and artists in Europe. The foundation prioritizes cooperative projects which involve partners from at least three countries. Special attention is paid to projects which enable long-term networks between the involved artists and project partners.
The Allianz Cultural Foundation only supports projects, not institutions. Aside from the countries of Central and South-eastern Europe, in the upcoming years the funding of the Allianz Cultural Foundation focuses on the Mediterranean area.
The criteria for funding focus on contemporary concepts of every genre and media which prove new, unique ideas in the arts, culture and education. The projects may also be workshops, whereas the active knowledge transfer and the exchange of experiences between the participants are valued as much as the resulting outcome.
The Projects of the ACF should:
- Support cultural dialogue in or with Europe and the Mediterranean
- Incorporate at least three European or Mediterranean countries
- In the middle- to long-term, have a broad audience and influence (that is, outside of and beyond strictly the professionally interested)
- Demonstrate a high level of artistic quality and societal relevance
- Incorporate transdisciplinary approaches in artistic research, cultural education, and the humanities.
- Create a lasting network between participating artists and cultural establishments
- Stimulate active scholarship and exchange between participants
- Excluded from funding are:
- Individual persons and artists
- External publications without relationship to a funded project
- Production costs for exhibitions, films, concerts, dance, theater, or opera events,
- Film projects (exception: projects where film is treated as an artistic medium)
- Art or real estate purchases
- Institutional costs (exception: overhead costs up to maximum 20% of funded sum)
- Maintenance or restoration work
- The acquisition of technical equipment
- Charity and events in the field of sports and entertainment
- Commercial sponsoring activities
- Full-financing is prohibited by principle. The ACF only co-finances projects at a maximum of 50%.
How to Apply
An application should be a maximum of 5 pages and contain the following:
- 2-3 pages information total project description and description of project partners (not standardized)
- 1 Page Budget
- 1 Page Project Application Sheet
Applications must be submitted via email or by post at the address given on the website.
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
For more information, please visit Allianz Cultural Foundation.