Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Amphibian Survival Alliance (ASA) has announced the Emergency Grants Program to provide rapid financial support for urgent conservation actions that prevent the imminent extinction of threatened amphibian species or populations.
The Amphibian Survival Alliance recognizes the urgent need for immediate action in critical situations that threaten the survival of amphibian species or populations. The Emergency Grants are designed to provide rapid financial support for on-the-ground conservation efforts that directly address these imminent threats, especially those that could lead to extinction within a short timeframe. They prioritize projects that can provide strong evidence of the urgency and are designed for quick implementation.
- The grants offer up to $5,000 in funding to support these emergency conservation actions.
- They prioritize projects that align with the following:
- Imminent threats to species or populations
- Direct actions that are likely to prevent extinction
- Strong evidence justifying the urgency
- Time-sensitive projects requiring weeks-to-months for completion
- Both organizations and individuals who can meet the stringent criteria for emergency action are eligible to apply.
- The application must demonstrate an imminent threat expected to cause extinction of the target species or population within 6 months.
- Proposed actions should directly address the threat and be likely to prevent extinction if implemented quickly.
- Strong evidence must be provided to justify the urgency and the likelihood of extinction without intervention.
- The project should be designed to be executed within a weeks-to-months timeframe.
- If the project involves ex situ components, coordination with Amphibian Ark is possible and should be mentioned in the application.
For more information, visit ASA.