Deadline: 1 June 2016
The Harvard Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC) is currently inviting applicants for its 2016 Village to Raise a Child program that identifies and nurtures five young entrepreneurs from around the world.
These five students will be invited to Harvard to attend and present their ideas at the annual Igniting Innovation Summit, giving them the tools, skills and resources they need to execute their community-based projects. The Program signifies three important aspects:
- Community-wide effort
- Youth involvement
- Youth empowerment
- The Village to Raise a Child program is open to any student or group of students (from any country) who is currently enrolled in a high school or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have an innovative idea or recently initiated project that attempts to solve a community-wide problem. Ongoing projects must be less than two years old.
- Applicants do not need to speak English fluently, but familiarity with the language is preferred.
- Students applying as a group must choose one leader to represent them for the subsequent steps of the application.
- June 1: Application and videos due
- June 5: Videos published on website
- June 5 – July 1: Voting period
- July 5: Finalists announced
- July 5 – July 20: Interviews
- July 25: Winners announced
- September 24: Winners arrive on Harvard’s campus
- October 1: The Igniting Innovation Summit!
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the online application via given website.
For more information, please visit Village to Raise a Child Program.