Deadline: 30 September 2017
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is currently inviting applicants for the 14th edition of the UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism with an aim to foster innovation in tourism and build a more sustainable and responsible tourism. The UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism are held annually to recognize the work of organizations and individuals around the world.
The UNWTO Award for Lifetime Achievement will be conferred to recognize the lifetime achievement of individuals with visionary leadership and significant contribution throughout the nominee’s career as an inspirational role model for the development of tourism at the local, national, regional or international levels.
- Public Policy and Governance
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Research and Technology
- Applications for the UNWTO Awards for Innovation in Tourism are open for organizations or businesses, fitting into one of the above mentioned categories
- Applications for the UNWTO Awards can be made by any individual or stakeholder whose accomplishments are related to the tourism sector.
- The submitted initiatives are expected to have attained a certain degree of implementation to demonstrate its effectiveness. Non implemented initiatives shall not be considered.
- Current staff members of UNWTO shall be ineligible to submit an application or receive the UNWTO Awards. Nor shall be considered initiatives which have or have had UNWTO´s participation in their design and/or implementation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit UNWTO Award.