Deadline: 25 September 2019
Marguerite Casey Foundation is accepting applications for its 2019 Journalism Fellowships and Scholarships on Poverty to support Journalists to help people living in low income families in order to achieve equitable society.
This national Fellowship and Scholarship program supports journalists with at least three years of journalism experience along with students attending graduate programs and four- and two-year colleges. the program aims to support journalistic work that helps the public and policymakers understand how families are working for solutions and equity in communities across the United States.
Marguerite Casey Foundation
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Marguerite Casey Foundation is an independent grant making organization that supports low-income families raising their voices and organizing for justice, equity and progress. Headquartered in Seattle, the Foundation makes grants in 13 states and supports approximately 200 organizations around the country. Since 2001, the Foundation has made nearly 1,900 grants totaling more than $430 million in unrestricted general support.
Marguerite Casey Foundation believes no family should live in poverty, and the Foundation supports change for families and by families. Tens of millions of Americans still live, officially, in poverty.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Foundation is particularly interested in stories about poverty, families and solutions (such as policy, community and grassroots) in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Tennessee and Texas.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
They imagine a just and equitable society for all, where all children are nurtured to become compassionate, responsible and self-reliant adults; where families are engaged in the life of their communities, the nation, and the world; and where people take responsibility for meeting today’s needs as well as those of future generations.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Marguerite Casey Foundation exists to help low-income families strengthen their voice and mobilize their communities in order to achieve a more just and equitable society for all.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Each Journalism Fellowship on Poverty includes a stipend of $4,000 and up to $1,000 to cover travel expenses;
- Each Journalism Scholarship on Poverty includes a stipend of $2,000 and up to $1,000 for associated travel cost.
- The program is open to residents in any state or U.S. territory, except for legal or blood relatives of Foundation board members or employees;
- Freelance and contract writers, editors and content producers for the Foundation, as well as past Journalism Fellows and Scholars, also are ineligible;
- The Fellowship is open to online, print, multimedia and broadcast journalists with a minimum of three years of professional experience. Projects are tailored to the experience and interests of the Fellows. If Fellows are employed by a newspaper or other news media company, the Award letter will require that they work on the Foundation-funded story or series on their own time;
- The Scholarship is open to college students, especially those with online, print, multimedia or broadcast journalism experience. Students are not required to leave their academic studies;
- Individuals selected to receive Fellowships & Scholarships from the Foundation will be required to sign an Award letter indicating their agreement to comply with the Foundation’s standard terms and conditions, and if desired, intent to post the full content with credit on the Foundation website, as a condition of receiving the Fellowship & Scholarships.
Eligible Country: United States
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://caseygrants.org/how-we-work/lifting-voices/recognizing-excellence/journalism-fellowship-and-scholarship-2019/
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.