Are you a small community group who delivers a project in Ashfield? If yes, then apply now for the Ashfield Community Fund 2020.
The aim of the Ashfield Community Fund is to support people in Ashfield by making grants to groups who work to directly benefit communities in the District.
This fund is suited to smaller and medium sized projects and is available for groups who deliver under any of the following themes and Council priorities:
- Health and Happiness
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Deliver targeted health activities and events
- Deliver community led services
- Develop community engagement opportunities and deliver/support volunteering
- Homes and Housing
- Help to reduce and prevent homelessness and rough sleeping issues
- Assist in reducing fuel poverty
- Economic Growth and Place
- Improve skills and employment (link to volunteering)
- Cleaner and Greener
- Work with and influence community volunteers and local businesses to help with the environment to encourage an increase in ownership of community open spaces
- Safer and Stronger
- Reduce vulnerability ensuring people feel safe and are safe
- The fund runs one round per year with grants from £500 to £1,000 per grant. There may be a second round depending on demand and available funds.
- All grants awarded MUST be spent and monitoring complete by 31st March 2021.
The Foundation will ask for the following documents to carry out due diligence on your organisation:
- A copy of your governing document (e.g. constitution, memorandum & articles or set of rules) – this should include a dissolution clause.
- A copy of your most recent annual accounts or management accounts, or predicted income for this financial year.
- A photocopy of a bank statement no more than 3 months old.
- The bank account must be in the name of the organisation applying.
- Copies of your safeguarding (Child Protection and/or Vulnerable Adults) and equal opportunities policies where appropriate.
- A list of the names and addresses of your Trustees or management committee. You will need a minimum of three unrelated Trustees / management committee members.
- Quotes in support of your costs for items of expenditure more than £100
For more information, visit https://www.ashfield.gov.uk/mediacentre/news-and-updates/ashfield-community-fund-2020-now-open-for-applications/