Deadline: 13 June 2017
Applications are open for “Institutional Links Grants” in order to build UK-partner country research and innovation collaborations centred on shared research and innovation challenges which have direct relevance to social welfare and economic development.
These grants are funded under the Newton Fund, a UK Government initiative funded by the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), together with partner funders from around the world.
The Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Establish new research and innovation links, or significantly develop existing links, between research groups, departments or institutions with the potential for longer-term sustainability.
- Focus on topics or themes which have relevance to the economic development and welfare of the partner country.
Size of grant: £50,000 – £300,000
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK and one Principal Applicant from the partner country
- Both Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers
- Principal Applicants must be permanent employees of one of the following (this means that Emeritus and Honorary Professors may not apply as lead):
- A not-for-profit higher education institution with the capacity to undertake high-quality research
- A UK higher education institution (all UK higher education institutions are eligible)
- A not-for-profit research organisation with the capacity to undertake high-quality research A Catapult Centre (in the case of the UK Principal Applicant)
- Both of the Principal Applicants’ institutions (the ‘Lead Institutions’) must have the capacity to administer the grant.
- Individual departments within a single institution can make multiple applications per call provided that the proposed activities are clearly different
- Principal Applicants may only submit one Institutional Links application per Institutional Links call.
- To support the translation of research and innovation into benefit, Principal Applicants are encouraged to include in their proposals Associated Partners affiliated with:
- Other research or higher education institutions
- Technology transfer offices
- Not-for-profit organisations (including NGOs)
- For-profit/commercial organisations(including SMEs)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: UK and Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines and Thailand.
For more information, please visit Institutional Links.