Deadline: 15 November 2019
The Center for Media, Data, and Society at the School of Public Policy at Central European University in Budapest is currently inviting journalists with some experience in investigative reporting to apply for a unique hybrid-style online and offline course on cross-border investigative journalism.
Successful participants will receive a professional certificate from the Central European University, signed by the Director of the Center for Media, Data and Society and verifiable for employers.
The offline training element of the course is taking place on December 10-11, 2019 in Belgrade. Accommodation and travel costs related to the training in Belgrade will be covered by the program.
- Equip reporters with improved skills of the latest investigative reporting techniques to be able to research, conduct and present region-specific cross-border investigations;
- Integrate technology/multimedia approach for investigative research, documentation, internal organization, (multimedia) storytelling and data visualization;
- Help journalists minimize their risks by providing basic legal knowledge, and digital and physical security techniques;
- Prepare journalists to collaborate regionally on cross-border topics with an improved regional approach and network.
- Feature top-level journalists as instructors with experience in cross-border investigations both from the region and from other parts of Europe;
- Mix theory and methods with hands-on, practical approach for a complex learning experience;
- Deliver content in a wide range of forms and formats including readings, exercises, case studies, best practices, expert coaching, interactive expert feedback, individual and group assignments, in text and multimedia formats;
- Include the possibility of funding for teams of participants to work on specific cross-border investigations, with the goal of producing and publishing these investigations;
- Facilitate participants` learning experience by combining the online course with an offline training, and by ensuring that the online components remain available for further use after completion of the course.
- Journalists with experience in investigative reporting are more than welcome to apply to the hybrid course;
- The candidates must possess a strong command of English, written and verbal;
- Candidates who are accepted to attend the course must confirm that they will be able to commit to the course in full, both for the offline and online part.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send an email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://cmds.ceu.edu/cross-border-investigative-journalism-training-western-balkans