Deadline: 28 April 2017
The Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute is currently accepting applications for its Center for Tropical Forest Science – Forest Global Earth Observatory (CTFS-ForestGEO) Research Grants Program 2017 with an aim to provide opportunities for senior researchers, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to use existing Forest Dynamics Sites and conduct research in collaboration with scientists currently associated with these sites.
The Grants Program supports research directly tied to CTFS-ForestGEO, including projects requiring fieldwork, site data analysis, or the generation of complementary data that strengthens CTFS-ForestGEO programs.
- Research projects ranging from ~$2,000-$15,000 USD.
- Project duration can range from 3 months to 2 years.
- Anyone working directly in a CTFS-ForestGEO Forest Dynamics Site, analyzing site data, or generating complementary data that strengthens CTFS-ForestGEO programs is eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to early-career researchers or researchers with less access to other institutional funds.
- Priority will be given to projects that include multiple sites or include a strong educational component. In rare cases, highly advanced undergraduate students will be considered.
- Social scientists and natural scientists are encouraged to apply. Applicants of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the online Information form via given website.
For more information, please visit Research Grants Program.