The Council of the City of Gold Coast is accepting applications for the Discretionary Grants Program.
The Discretionary Grants Program is allocated funding each financial year to support community organizations to deliver projects with a community purpose.
Funds administered under the Discretionary Grants Program are considered to be discretionary funds pursuant to section 109 of the Local Government Act 2009 and section 202 of the Local Government Regulation 2012. Discretionary funds are budgeted for a community purpose and allocated by the Councillor at the Councillor’s discretion. Under this policy, a Councillor may only use their budgeted discretionary funds to allocate a grant to a community organisation for a community purpose.
- Applications from $250 to $10,000 are welcomed.
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate that the project is for a community purpose
- have applied for funds in the way stated in the availability notice
- deliver a project with a defined outcome that will benefit residents of the Gold Coast, and
- complete the project within 12 months of the date of remittance of funds.
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project (where appropriate), and
- not be an ineligible applicant.
- Council’s controlled entities
- Placemakers Gold Coast Ltd.
- Gold Coast Education and Training Network Incorporated
- Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd.
- community organizations that receive funding raised via any special rate, separate levy or charge of Council (e.g. Volunteer Fire Brigade Charge) in the same financial year in which an application for grant funding is received under this policy
- political advocacy groups or those who provide political donations
- government bodies (excluding primary and secondary schools)
- political parties, chambers of commerce, industry association or body corporate
- any community organisation that has an outstanding acquittal for grant funding received under this policy.
For more information, visit https://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/community/discretionary-grants-program-54628.html