Applicants are now invited to apply for the Mary Black Foundation’s grant program 2020.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Early Childhood Development
- Healthy Eating, Active Living
- Community Health Fund
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Grants funded through the Foundation’s two focus areas, Early Childhood Development and Healthy Eating | Active Living, vary greatly, with an average size of $70,000. The average size grant funded through the Community Health Fund is $20,000.
- Basic needs grants will have a maximum award limit of $15,000.
The Foundation funds
The Foundation aims to fund projects that will have measurable impact and can create meaningful, transformative change in the health, wellness, and success of Spartanburg County residents. Specifically, the Foundation is interested in funding projects that will reduce health disparities. The Mary Black Foundation provides funding to nonprofit organizations for the following:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- General Operating Support – to cover day-to-day activities and ongoing expenses.
- Programs & Services – activities directly targeting individuals to achieve specific results.
- Policies & Places – activities to change or modify policies or to create new or improved places that increase opportunities for the residents of Spartanburg County.
- Planning & Capacity Building – to plan for or study future projects or to implement efforts that improve the capacity of the organization to achieve results.
The Foundation does not fund
The Mary Black Foundation generally does not fund:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Activities that are discriminatory or organizations engaged in discriminatory practices, including, but not limited to, written or informal policies and procedures regarding staff and/or volunteer requirements, program content, or participant eligibility that are discriminatory.
- Direct grants or scholarships (including tuition assistance) for individuals;
- Grants that further political or religious activities;
- Medical, scientific, or academic research;
- Vans or buses used to transport people;
- Activities and/or programs that duplicate efforts that are, have been, or should be offered at local hospitals;
- Activities, projects, or programs that will have been completed before funding becomes available;
- Endowments or other reserve funds or the payment of debt;
- Fundraising events, celebrations, or dinners; or
- Individual schools unless the project is district or county-wide and is supported by the superintendent(s).
- The Foundation awards grants to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies working to improve the health and wellness of the people of Spartanburg County.
- Agencies that are located outside of Spartanburg County may apply if the proposed project will benefit primarily the residents of Spartanburg County.
Types of Applications
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The Foundation has developed a Short-term Needs Application and a Long-term Needs Application.
- The Short-term Needs Application will allow organizations to apply for basic human needs (i.e. food, clothing, housing) and basic organizational needs (i.e. staffing, operational costs).
- The Long-term Needs Application will allow for organizations to apply for programs, projects, or systems-level work that address the themes of Basic Needs, Mental Health, and Education & Health Lag.
For more information, visit https://maryblackfoundation.org/apply-for-a-grant/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.