Deadline: 28 July 2017
Do you have a good idea for a youth arts project in your youth group but require the funding to work with an artist? If yes, then apply for the Artist and Youth Work Residency Scheme programme.
The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) on behalf of the Arts Council and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs is inviting applicants for its Artist and Youth Work Residency Scheme programme with an aim to promote innovative partnerships between youth groups, artists and (where relevant) arts organisations.
- Strand 1 – development (€1500, with potential to apply for a further €3500)
- This strand is intended to support an organisation or artist to work with proposed partners to develop a collaborative residency programme. Successful applicants for Strand 1 will have the opportunity to submit a follow-up proposal within three months of receiving their award for funding to follow through on the proposed programme.
- Strand 2- full residency (€5000)
- This strand is intended to support residency programmes that have been jointly developed by the partners involved (i.e. the artist, youth group and any other key partner organisation) and that fully meet the criteria for the award.
- Applicants may apply for up to €5000 total to include appropriate fees for artists and where relevant materials, administration and travel costs.
- The residency may last from six weeks (minimum) to six months (maximum).
- The artist and youth work residency is open to youth organisations, or a consortium of such youth organisations, whether locally based independent groups or groups affiliated to larger youth organisations.
- Applications will also be considered from arts organisations proposing to work in partnership with a local youth group to provide a meaningful artistic experience for young people.
- Note: Any grant offered will only be paid into a bank account held in the name of the applicant. If a grant is offered, the applicant will be required to accept the terms and conditions of that grant.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Ireland
For more information, please visit Artist and Youth Work Residency Scheme.