Deadline: 20 June 2016
Tandem Shaml is currently inviting applications for its Tandem Shaml Programme with an aim to offer a unique opportunity to establish cross-border cooperation links between Europe and the Arab region. Tandem Shaml invites 16 cultural organizations, 8 from Europe and 8 from the Arab Region for the upcoming round.
The programme addresses both young and experienced cultural managers and project coordinators with good command of English that represent cultural organizations that are well connected and active in their local communities.
Applicants invited to apply if they interested in:
- Following an intensive one-year international exchange programme through peer to peer relations, inside a larger network
- Making time & space to reflect on function, purposes and methodologies of projects and structures inside changing societies, both on an individual level and on the level of organization
- Developing a small scale learning-by-doing collaboration (note: Tandem is not a grant programme)
The Tandem Shaml programme activities include:
- 5-day Partner Forum in in Amman (14 – 18 September 2016)
- 5-day Kick-Off Meeting incl. learning workshops in Marseille (December 2016)
- Mutual 12-day working visits (placements) (January – September 2017)
- 5-day Interim Meeting in the Arab Region (May 2017)
- 5-day Final Meeting in Europe (September 2017)
- 12-day working placement at the Tandem partner organization
- 4 international meetings with moderated peer to peer learning sessions and input by experienced trainers
- Ongoing expert advice for the development of the cross-border collaborations and the artistic and cultural co-productions
- Start-up funding of EUR 5,000 for a Tandem pilot project as well as reimbursement of travel and living expenses during the four Tandem meetings and during the placements
- Becoming part of the Tandem network of more than 250 cultural managers coming from ca. 35 countries in wider Europe
Criteria for the applying organizations:
- Be based in the Arab region OR in a European country
- Be an independent cultural NGO, a non-hierarchical and open-minded public institution or a civil society initiative which is well rooted in a local community
- Has an established professional network
- Have the (organizational and financial) capacity, ambition and experience to engage
- In a one year intensive international programme
- Commit to providing sufficient working time of one cultural manger
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
- European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State.
- Arab Regions: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
For more information, please visit Tandem Shaml Programme.