Deadline: 31 March 2019
Are you young leaders or young entrepreneurs willing to use mindfulness to foster sustainable world peace? Do you feel that your startup or organization needs support to improve and move to its next stage? Do you think that you don’t have enough financial support from local organizations and want to reach more people in your community? If yes, then apply for the Mindfulness Grant for the Community program!
World Peace Initiative (WPI) has announced its Mindfulness Grant for the Community intended for young leaders and entrepreneurs with an aim to encourage mindfulness-based social projects at the community level.
- Winning up to 3,000 USD to implement the proposed project.
- The opportunity of having one of certified meditation instructors as an advisor for the implementation of the mindfulness aspect of the program and as a trainer at no cost.
- The project should be implemented over a course of 90 days.
- The winner should report the results of the project to WPI in two phases, 45 days after the project launch and on the final day of the project (Day 90).
- If the project is successfully implemented, the team will also be sponsored to attend one of the training programs or meditation retreats.
- All non-profit organizations, youth leaders, social entrepreneurs, peace activists, and anybody with an idea are eligible to apply for WPI’s Mindfulness Grant.
- In order to participate in this program, there are certain project requirements:
- The project will be carried out in the Africa region by Africans only.
- The project should be initiated originally by applicants and their team, not a copy of a previously implemented project and not something copied from somewhere else.
- The project should not violate any human or animal rights or be involved in any process of killing or harming the lives of any other beings.
- The project can’t be involved in any kind of trade of financial securities or cryptocurrencies.
- The project should have a positive social impact with a reach of at least 200 people.
- The project must be environmental friendly.
- The project can’t involve any kind of hate or harsh speech.
- This project can’t involve the use of or promotion of intoxicating substances such as alcohol, cigarettes, or illicit drugs.
- The project’s duration should be no more than 90 days.
- The project must somehow involve mindfulness and meditation and be able to show how mindfulness and meditation can benefit the project.
- The project should ideally have a plan for long term sustainability
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2MReBua