Deadline: 27 July 2016
The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition (BCFN) Foundation is seeking applications from across the globe for its BCFN young Earth Solutions (YES) competition 2016 to support higher education and interdisciplinary research, to advance the knowledge base in food and sustainability.
- to encourage young scientists to conduct research on issues relating to food and nutrition
- to favour collaborative research
- to open new fields of research and create new generations of experts
- to promote clear analyses with high scientific value
- to identify solutions to improve food safety and guarantee healthy and sustainable nutrition
- Sustainable and healthy diets
- Urban food systems and policies
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agroecology
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food
- Sustainable water management
- Food supply chains
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services
- Healthy lifestyles
- Food waste reduction
- Food policy development
- Food security: availability, access, utilisation, stability
- Communication technologies and networks
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture
Each winner will be awarded a €20,000.
- The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and/or cross-national research teams that consist of a maximum of three components.
- Students/applicants who are currently pursuing doctoral degrees are eligible, as well as researchers/applicants with a PhD or a doctoral degree received after December 2014.
- All the Participants must be under the age of 35 at the date of December 31, 2016.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit BFCN YES Competition 2016.