Deadline: 2 July 2019
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy has announced a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, they identify how might support scalability and their impacts.
- The 2019 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars (USD 5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
- A second category of One Thousand United States Dollars (USD 1000) will be granted as a prize for two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
- Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
- Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
- Programming and app development training programs
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit http://missdotafrica.digital/apply-now/call-seed-fund-eoi-2/
I wish to apply for the above mention program, to eneble me boost my agric produce
Empowering women and girls is great.keep it up.
Thank you for the chance given to Africa,I’m very much interested to apply so as to purchase computers that will be used in the ICT training/ learning centres to improve women and girls learning skills may access the application form 2019,thank you.
Director The fishing village link kasese.
Thanks so much for this golden opportunity to transform the volunareble women and girls by improving their innovation through ICT.Am applying soon my application will be there.Thanks