Deadline: 30 September 2019
In 2018, Indonesia announced preparations to enact a National Action Plan on Countering Violent Extremism (NAP/VE) through a mixture of ‘hard measures’ such as prosecutions and ‘soft measures’ to steer populations away from extremism ideologies. The initiative permit has been given to the National Counter Terrorism Agency (BNPT) to work further on finalizing the NAP/VE as signed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, on 25 January 2019. Drawing on the successes of Aceh’s peace agreement, in which women were instrumental in mediating for sustainable peace, this year’s call for N-Peace CSO Grants will aim to support women as mediators at a grassroots level for increased efforts in promotion of social cohesion, the prevention of violent extremism and against discriminatory norms which contribute to marginalization on the basis of ethno-religious identities and gender.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Training and Capacity Building of Women Mediators
- Organizations must be able to develop a framework that will mobilize women at a community level as mediators for greater social cohesion, against the spread of violent extremism and/or implementation re-integration and rehabilitation methodologies for returnees.
- The proposed initiative must:
- Articulate the tools that will be used to engage women at the local level;
- Identify points of tension within an outlined community and develop clear training framework for capacity training on mediation;
- Interventions must address context specific social cohesion concerns, for example, intersectional treatment of marginalized groups, violent extremism, and financial inclusion; and
- Have local and provincial communities as the key beneficiaries.
- Documentation and Sharing Case Studies of Women Mediators
- This category will support initiatives working to document and share best practices of women’s inclusion at a community level. Organizations must be able to illustrate research methodologies which engage entire communities on the impact of women’s participation in decision-making and conflict resolution. The aim of the documentation should be to illustrate how women as mediators and leaders results in social cohesion and builds resilience for sustainable peace.
- Organization must be able to demonstrate how proposals will change prevailing negative narratives of women in online spaces.
- The proposed initiative must further:
- Identify case studies illustrating the inherent benefits of women’s leadership in development of social cohesion;
- Develop platforms for knowledge sharing of case studies and best practices;
- Demonstrate how case studies will strengthening women’s leadership roles;
- In framing the case studies, explore gender specific challenges; and
- Have identifiable key beneficiaries.
- Advocacy Support for Policy Recommendations for Engagement of Women as Mediators
- This category recognizes the need to sustained advocacy support to ensure that women’s voices are reflected in policies of governance structures. Organizations must be able to demonstrate framework for advocacy support will directly impact policy and legal recommendations, and contribute to the inclusion of women mediators.
- The proposed initiative must further:
- Clearly define policies and laws to be explored;
- Identify potential areas of engagement with women mediators and their respective networks;
- Demonstrate clear link between advocacy efforts and defined policies;
- Address the Women, Peace and Security concerns within the policy, for example women’s financial inclusion, gender-based violence, and social cohesion; and
- Have key beneficiaries of the project at both local and national levels.
Grant request should be between USD $5,000 – USD $ 10,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Duration of grant agreement: 5 months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
CSOs who demonstrate competency in the following areas are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Legal Status: logo/ status in Indonesia.
- Mandate, policies and governance: CSOs that are under a not-for-profit mandate, have a clear organizational structure and share UNDPs principles of human development, particularly the principles of equality and non-discrimination;
- Constituency and external support: Clear constituency and proof of partnerships with other CSOs, private sector or governments;
- Capacity for Project Management: Technical, managerial, administrative and financial capacity to implement the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the nomination form, send with the proof of legal status and the CVs via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://n-peace.net/cso-grants/indonesia/