Deadline: 15 June 2019
- Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for participation in the following 7 types of activities:
- Workshops or trainings
- Conferences or forums
- Festivals, biennales, or international exhibitions
- Artists’ or writers’ residencies
- Partner meetings to set up or maintain an existing partnership
- Practice-led research
- “Go and see”/ short-term exploration/ networking
- In addition, the following focus areas will be prioritised:
- Skills transfer/ knowledge exchange
- Innovation in arts and culture
- Local development
- Art and social issues: the role of art and artists in society
Grant amounts (up to these maximum caps):
- Asia to Europe and vice-versa: SGD 2,000
- Australia/New Zealand to Europe and vice-versa: SGD 2,300
- Russia to Europe and vice-versa: SGD 1,000
- Intra-Asia: SGD 1,000
- Applications are welcomed from individual artists/cultural professionals and arts organisations that are eligible as per the following guidelines.
- Artists and cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply. Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines are encouraged.
- Applicants should be citizens of ASEM member countries and are seeking support for travel within the ASEM region.
- Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
- Arts organisations
- Arts organisations may apply for up to 5 artists/cultural professionals whom they want to invite for the event they are organising
- Arts organisations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non-profit arts organisations will be prioritised.
- Arts organisations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
- Arts organisations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above
- Mobility First! prioritises cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international. Eligible nationalities and destinations are Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries:
- Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam
How to apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.asef.org/projects/themes/culture/4621-mobility-first!–asef-cultural-mobility-initiative-2019