Deadline: 9 August 2019
The Fund aims to promote the economic development and welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the problems of low-income and vulnerable populations.
The Newton Fund Institutional Links Programme is designed to establish links beyond the level of the individual researcher and innovation practitioner, opening up opportunities for sustainable, solution-oriented research and innovation collaborations between academic groups as well as with the private and third sector.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Proposals must fulfil the following criteria in order to be eligible for funding under this Programme:
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK and one Principal Applicant from the partner country
- Both Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers
- Principal Applicants must be permanent employees of one of the following (this means that Emeritus and Honorary Professors may not apply as lead):
- A not-for-profit higher education institution with the capacity to undertake high-quality- research, unless specified.
- A UK higher education institution (all UK higher education institutions are eligible).
- A not for-profit research organisation with the capacity to undertake highquality research. A Catapult Centre (in the case of the UK Principal Applicant).
- Both of the Principal Applicants’ institutions (the ‘Lead Institutions’) must have the capacity to administer the grant.
- Individual departments within a single institution can make multiple applications per call provided that the proposed activities are clearly different.
- Principal Applicants may only submit one Institutional Links application per Institutional Links call.
- Principal Applicants that have received Institutional Links grants in previous years can submit further applications for Institutional Links provided the proposed activities are clearly distinct from, or build on, any already funded through the Newton Fund. Principal Applicants may not apply if they have already received an Institutional Links grant that year. In all cases the additionality must be clearly articulated in the application.
- Organisations affiliated to higher education institutions in the UK or any other country and based in the partner country, (e.g. an overseas campus) may apply as the Lead Institution in the partner country provided that other eligible higher education institutions or research organisations are also involved as Associated Partners in the partner country.
- Organisations cannot apply as Lead Institutions in Links with their own affiliates in other countries.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/science/current-opportunities/newton-fund-institutional-links