Entries are now open for the Photographer of the Year 2023, proudly sponsored by Hemmersbach Rhino Force and Mashatu Botswana.
Judging will take place throughout those months and for the month of May 2023, and the winners will be announced by the end of May or early June 2023.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
- The overall winner – 2023 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up;
- The second runner-up; and
- The highly commended finalists.
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
- Entrants compete for the coveted title of 2023 Photographer of the Year.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of USD5,000 and the two runners-up will receive a cash prize of USD2,500 each.
- On safari in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve, Botswana with their CEO.
- The overall winner (plus partner) and the two runners-up (plus their partners) will enjoy a group safari with their CEO Simon Espley and his wife Lizz.
- This ultimate private safari will include 5 nights in Northern Tuli Game Reserve, Botswana in two of Mashatu’s camps – Mashatu Lodge and Mashatu Tent Camp. This group of eight will enjoy exclusive access to a fantastic sunken photographic hide.
- Mashatu’s two camps are located in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve of Botswana, which is situated between the Tuli Safari Area – a protected area in Zimbabwe, and the Mapungubwe National Park – a World Heritage Site in South Africa. Mashatu shares unfenced borders with Mapungubwe and Tuli Safari Area in the south and north respectively. This vast area forms part of a cross boundary wildlife conservation area protecting the substantial biodiversity of fauna and flora in this region.
- The winners will explore this stunning area on game drives, bush walks, and in the underground photo hide, and the emphasis will be on experiencing a safari like few others have the chance to. Expect a few surprises along the way.
- Dates (five nights): Arriving 7 September 2023 and departing 12 September 2023.
- Transport: Winners must organise their own transport to and from OR Tambo International airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, and overnight costs in Johannesburg (if required). Africa Geographic will pay for the transfers between OR Tambo and Tuli Game Reserve.
- Costs: Africa Geographic will cover all costs of the trip as described, excluding gratuities and items of a personal nature.
- Entrants must be 18 years and older.
- Photos that have at any time before the finalisation of this competition won other photographic competition/s (including subject-category winners) will not be considered.
- Entrants that are previous winners of this competition may enter in subsequent years.
- Employees of Africa Geographic and their sponsors may not enter.
For more information, visit Africa Geographic (AG).