Deadline: 18 July 2019
The Medical Research Council (MRC) is seeking applications for its Public Health Intervention Development Scheme (PHIND) 2019 to support the early stages of development of interventions that address an important UK or global public health issue.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The scheme supports projects that will develop innovative new interventions that address an important UK or global public health issue, and seeks to encourage a novel, high risk approach to intervention development.
Complex, population level interventions, with a focus on non-health care settings (such as: transport, education, employment, leisure and the built environment), are considered particularly suitable. Health care settings are not excluded, but projects should demonstrate potential for improved health of general, high risk or vulnerable populations.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Types of Research
- Proposals should address the early stage of development of new interventions including qualitative and quantitative primary research, developing theory and designing the intervention.
- Examples of the types of research within scope are:
- Defining the intervention
- Specifying content
- Developing theory
- Modelling process and outcomes such as developing logic models
- Identifying components and their inter-relationships
- Developing procedures and protocols
- Creation of new interventions where active components of existing interventions are recombined to create a new intervention
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Applicants can apply for up to £150K (MRC Contribution), for a maximum of 18 months.
- Funds may be requested to support costs attributable to the study including investigator and research staff time, consumables, equipment and travel.
The panel will assess applications against the following criteria:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The importance of the public health question and need for an intervention to address the issue(s).
- The proposed approach including methodology, innovation and likelihood of the outcomes of the proposed study to fill a current gap in knowledge.
- The research team, research environment and stakeholder partners.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://mrc.ukri.org/funding/browse/public-health-intervention-development-scheme/public-health-intervention-development-scheme-phind-july-2019/