Deadline: 16 December 2016
The United States Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking applications for its program entitled “Democracy Commission Small Grants”, to support NGO efforts to enable greater citizen participation in fighting corruption, preventing brain drain, enhancing human rights (including gender equality and the rights of persons with disabilities), building a tolerant and multi-ethnic society, supporting independent media, countering violent extremism, and protecting the environment.
Projects should deal with one of the following themes:
- Anti-corruption and increasing transparency
- Human rights including rights for persons with disabilities and the LGBT community
- Youth employment and activism
- Environment including energy efficiency, climate change, air pollution and waste management
- Euro-Atlantic integration
- Countering violent extremism
The total funding available for the program is USD 500,000.
All BiH non-profit organizations, educational institution and independent media that are based and legally registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
For more information, please visit Democracy Commission Small Grants Program.