Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
Are you a conservation NGO looking to protect biodiversity in your area? This is My Earth (TiME) is excited to offer grants to help local organizations purchase and protect land for the benefit of all species, now and in the future.
This is My Earth (TiME) is a non-profit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and protect ecosystems around the world through its Land Purchase Grant Program and Educational Program, with the support of its global network of supporters. As part of this mission, they offer a Land Purchase Grant that provides funding for local partner organizations to purchase land to protect biodiversity.
TiME’s Grant Program offers funding for the purchase of land that will be permanently protected, owned, and managed by local partner organizations. To be eligible for the program, the land should be of significant importance for biodiversity conservation and under the threat of destruction or degradation. This unique opportunity is open to conservation organizations worldwide that wish to purchase biodiverse lands for their long-term protection.
By partnering with TiME, your organization can benefit from:
- Funding for the purchase of private lands in threatened biodiverse habitats in order to ensure their conservation.
- Local ownership of the land for the long-term protection and management of its biodiversity.
- Global exposure through TiME’s network of supporters, and help to promote your organization’s mission and work.
- Global exposure through TiME’s educational program, which engages children around the world to learn about and help solve conservation challenges, inspiring the next generation of conservation leaders.
- Interested local partner organizations should submit an online application to TiME. The Scientific Advisory Committee will review each application to determine if it meets their criteria. If your application is approved, TiME will launch a democratic crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for the land purchase, with each donor voting among several conservation proposals for their preferred project.
- TiME does not have a maximum amount of funding that can be requested. However, the average land application is between US$20,000 and US$60,000, and the upper limit is typically around US$100,000, depending on the budget and needs of the partner organization.
- To be eligible for TiME’s Land Purchase Grant Program, partner organizations must meet the following criteria:
- The proposed land to be purchased must be located in a biodiversity hotspot, or an area with high conservation value, and be under threat of destruction or degradation.
- The land must be available for purchase. TiME strongly favors partner organizations that can provide a formal title deed for the land.
- The partner organization must have a clear conservation objective and a plan for the long-term management and protection of the land.
- The partner organization must be locally based or demonstrate its capacity to work locally.
- The partner organization must have the legal and institutional capacity to purchase, manage and protect the land.
- The partner organization must demonstrate its status as a non-profit or non-governmental organization (NGO), by providing legal documentation.
For more information, visit TiME.