Deadline: 26 April 2019
The Weeden Foundation is seeking letter of Inquiry from organizations for its various funding programs in order to protect biodiversity. The Foundation works to protect old-growth forests, expand habitats for endangered species on public and private lands, and link key wildlife corridors.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Weeden Foundation has supported International and Domestic Population Stabilization projects based on the rationale that an increasing population causes greater impact on the environment and loss of biodiversity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Domestic Biodiversity Program
- International Biodiversity Program
- Land Acquisition Program
- Population Program
- Consumption Program
The average grant size is between $15,000 and $20,000, and only under exceptional circumstances do grants exceed $20,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Foundation funds projects that:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- advocate for increased federal funding of family planning services
- promote reduction of immigration levels (immigration currently accounts for the majority of U.S. population growth);
- investigate the impacts of population-driven sprawl on adjacent wild areas
The following materials constitute a complete application package:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- financial statements (preferably audited)
- list of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- IRS tax exemption 501(c)(3) certification letter or an equivalency document for non-U.S. based organizations (obtained in-country)
- project budget
- organizational budget
- other sources and amounts of institutional support (past, present, and anticipated future); and
- qualifications of key personnel
How to Apply
- The Foundation requires that new applicants (not current grantees) submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) via email.
- Returning applicants (who received a grant the previous year) do not need to submit a LOI.
For more information, please visit http://www.weedenfdn.org/Weeden-Foundation-Applications.htm
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.